- The Hiddent Transmitter.
- The hunt frequency is 2M FM on 146.565 mHz.
- The signal must be detectable at the starting point.
(Signal strength is not an issue).
- The signal is continuous, not intermittent.
- The t-hunt signal must be vertically polarized.
- Hiding the transmitter.
- The transmitter must be hidden only where the public
is allowed to go. (No hiding on private property or
- The transmitter does not have to be hidden in or near
the hider's car
- In the spirit of fairness, the transmitter should be
hidden in a location accessible to all hunters.
- The winner is the hunter that locates the transmitter
with the lowest mileage from he starting point.
- A hunter's car must be within 50 feet of the hider's
car (not the transmitter) before determining their mileage.
- Any kind of antenna (yagis, quads, loops, dopplers) is allowed
as long as it does not involve outside help
- No matter how "close" a hunter gets the the hidden transmitter,
they have not "found" it until the have positively located it.
(Although one can "give up" for the sake of time!)